🎊 Happy New Year! 🎊
With a new year comes the compulsion to work on dolly plans! I always get excited this time of year and think, “I’m going to do so much in the hobby this year!!!” And if we look back to last years plans, we can see how detailed and intense those plans can get. . . . I didn’t even finish half of my goals from last year (and Corinne’s Pinafore Dress is still in the works), yet it is always fun to dream. (^_^)
Ah well, no point dwelling on the past. It’s time to look forward to this year!
This year, I really will keep things simple. Mostly, there are certain projects that I want to do at some point in the near future.
- Finish the pinafore for Corinne’s dress set! The white dress is nice on its own, but it would look much more lively with a nice print pinafore on top.
- Make some outfits for the fairies. Right now, they only have their default outfits, a test yukata (pattern needs a few edits) and the little black dresses I made two years ago (!). I think it’s high time they got some new clothes. And maybe some fairy wings. . . ?
- Make some resin eyes! I have all of the materials now, and I’ve heard that the epoxy resin doesn’t last forever, so it is high time to make some eyes. Also, I want to design some animetic eyes for my poor eyeless DD. It keeps getting pushed to the back of the queue, but I will draw some one of these days!
- Practice faceups. I learned a lot last time I practiced a faceup, and I think I can do it better now. Plus, I have another practice head on the way~ She should arrive sometime this month, maybe? I’ve never painted on vinyl before, so that should be an interesting experience~
- Take more photos! I shy away from photos because I am not “good” at taking photos, but I do enjoy photoshoots and that’s all that matters, right? Practice makes perfect, after all!
- Post regularly here on AMS, and on the forums too. I have photos that aren’t edited yet, and lots of things I want to do, so I think this goal will be (relatively) easy. I am aiming to post once a month minimum this year! Plus, I’d like to share my photos and such on DoA and the Dollfie Dreams forum too. I just. . . haven’t gotten around to it yet. . . . (<.<)
Those are the tangible goals. Most importantly, I want to relax and have fun with the hobby this year. After all, that’s what a hobby is for, right? (^_^)
Wishing you all a fantastic year full of hobby goodness and fun adventures!
Have you made any plans for 2019? What are your goals for this year?